At East Thorne, we are lucky to live in such a beautiful part of Cornwall. Being surrounded by stunning coastlines and rolling countryside, we understand the importance of protecting the environment for generations to come. Being a small business, we have an opportunity to help our local community and the spaces around us. Here are just a couple of the
“eco-efforts” that we are making to help reduce our footprint:
- We have reduced our paper usage by offering digital handbooks and a free online library of magazines and newspaper for entertainment instead of paper versions.
- Recycling (both paper and glass), food waste, and rubbish waste bins in each accommodation.
- Solar During the day light hours, we 100% solar! With solar panels, we are able to help reduce the amount of fossil fuels that we rely on therefore reduce our carbon footprint.
- Food waste energy We have a partnership with Andigestion, a food waste company, to turn our site’s food waste into biogas energy.
- In order to help support local small farms and butchers, we offer foo
d hampers and a fresh food order form for our guests. This allows our guests to taste the amazing food that Cornwall has to offer while also helping support the small business that surround us.
- We maintain great relationships with our partners in the community, promoting local independent businesses through our digital handbook.
- We support local environmental charities including the Two Minute Beach Clean and Friends of Bude Sea Pool.
- We offer body board hire to reduce use of single use polystyrene boards that are dumped in landfill – money goes to cleaner seas project.
- We upgraded our septic tank systems to biomass plants.
- We have signed up to green tourism initiatives.
- Employed a sustainability manager to oversee future improvements.
We are ever evolving ever improving and aim for our impact on our beautiful Cornwall to be a positive one, so will continue to keep our Eco efforts a focus going forward. Our guests are safe in the knowledge they are choosing a consciously sustainable family business that supports our local community and our beautiful coastline.