Terms and Conditions.
Amended terms due to Covid,
- In all instances acceptance of our terms and conditions must be confirmed before booking can proceed.
- The booking is deemed to be complete once the terms and conditions have been accepted, deposit has been paid and confirmation by us has been given.
- To make a reservation a non refundable 25% deposit is required.
- Balance email will be sent 30 days before arrival and will be required to be paid NO LATER than 14 days before arrival.
- Guests are required to take out their own domestic holiday insurance for all other instances of cancellation including illness due to Covidand self-isolation.
Cancellation due to Covid Lockdown
If we are unable to offer you a stay due to local or national lockdownor you are unable to travel due to local or national lockdown, we are happy to offer a refund up to 2 weeks before arrival.
If in the case of multiple units, we will base this on the lead address.
If national or local lockdownare put in place with less then 2 weeks before your booking date, we will offer you an alternative date up to the same date next year of comparable amount. If an alternative date holds an increased value, the difference will need to be paid by the guest.
We can also offer a voucher to the same amount.
In the case of local lockdownthat effects the guests ability to travel, we may be able to re-let the property. If this is the case a full refund will be offered.
Due to low deposit and late balance payment of 14 days before arrival NO refunds will be issued past this point but an alternative date or voucher will be offered.
Cancellations and Refunds
- We recommend that like any other holiday you take out your own holiday/cancellation insurance policy. There is also provision for insurance via the online system.
- If you need to cancel prior to 2 weeks before arrival, the balance will not be due but deposit will be kept.
- If cancellation occurs within 2 weeks of the stay, the balance will be kept unless we are able to re-let. Following the process below.
- We will endeavour to re-let the accommodation should a cancellation occur. If we are able to do so we will refund the cost of your holiday less 25 % non refundable deposit. If we cannot do this, full payment for the holiday will be expected or held if payment has already been made.
- Once the booking is deemed complete any change to date or change of accommodation will be treated as a cancellation, unless otherwise agreed by East Thorne Yurts and Cottages Ltd. It is to the discretion of East Thorne Yurts and Cottages Ltd. to offer an alternative date. If granted, the re-arranged date will be to the cost of the original holiday or greater if the price is more for that date. The alternative date will be offered in the low season and will exclude high season/school holidays.
- In the unlikely event of the accommodation not being available due to fire, flood or other unforeseen circumstances outlined in our insurance policy and business interruption insurance, East Thorne Yurts and Cottages Ltd. will able to refund the full cost of the holiday. For circumstances not covered under our insurance (Covid-19 related to self isolation and illness) we will not be able to offer refund of deposit or balance and therefore cannot accept liability or responsibility in this event not covered under our business interruption or insurance terms.
- In issues related to National or Local lockdown due to Covid, we are happy to offer refund or move in dates if lockdowns prevent the guest being able to travel or East Thorne being able to open.
We cannot accept any liability or responsibility for delays, alterations or cancellations to the booking or related East Thorne Experiences outside our control.
- If you make an inquiry or an admin booking, your details will automatically be added to our database and you will be contacted in regards to products and services to do with East Thorne Yurts and Cottages Ltd.
- You can unsubscribe or opt out if you do not wish to be contacted in this way.
- Accommodation will be available from 4pm on date of arrival. Sorry but early arrival cannot be accommodated due to cleaning schedules.
- You are expected to vacate your accommodation by 10 am on the date of your departure.
- As we are a family run site, we don’t have a staffed reception area. An estimated time of arrival is required so we can light your stove, meet you and settle you in.
- After 9pm on the day of your arrival, you may be required to make your own way to your accommodation if not arranged prior to arrival.
- The accommodation is limited to the number of people on the booking form. Although associated day guests are welcome.
- No other tents other than those supplied by East Thorne are permitted to be placed on the site.
In regards to parking and unloading of vehicle.
On the day of arrival and departure you are permitted to bring your car on site to your Roundhouse to unload and load your belongings. After which time we request that the cars stay in the secure on-site car park.
For those staying in our cottages a separate parking area is allocated next to the cottages.
We only have a limited number of spaces for cars and accommodation has space for only one vehicle. If entertaining day visitors or have more than one car, prior arrangement for parking needs to be obtained and parking in the layby at the entrance of our site will be offered to additional cars or those visiting guests.
- Please do not wear outdoor shoes in the Roundhouses or on the carpeted areas in the cottages.
- You are responsible for the cleaning and contents of your accommodation while you are with us including washing up, cleaning of BBQ grill, correct disposal of waste and recycling.
- Roundhouses and cottages are supplied with a set amount of bedding/towels. Any additional bedding/towels required will be charged at the supplementary cost.
- We do reserve the right to charge for breakage, loss and damages should they occur. We ask that you let us know if you are missing anything or of any breakage prior to vacating your accommodation.
General Camp Rules
- It is to the discretion of East ThorneYurts and Cottages to cancel or refuse prior to, or during (without refund) the stay, any booking from parties that we consider unsuitable for our site and/or our other guests.
- Respect and consideration to our neighbours and fellow site village members must be observed at all times.
- Smoking inside any accommodation is strictly forbidden. Smoking bins will be provided.East ThorneYurts and Cottages Ltd. except no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to personal belongings or persons.
- Children are the sole responsibility of the accompanying adult.
- Children are not permitted to tend the fires of the stoves or the fire pit at any time.
- The central campfire is available to all guests on site though will not be lit in high winds and is to the discretion of the owners.
- We are a dog friendly site for friendly dogs. If your pet is anxious or aggressive, please be aware that there are other dogs and people on site too.
- We have a small number of cottages and roundhouses that accommodate dogs. These are subject to availability and can only be booked by prior arrangement.
- The only pets permitted on site are those submitted on the booking form.
- They must be kept on a leash at all times due to other guests and our free range chickens and ducks.
- It is the responsibility of the owner to clear up any doggy dodo’s.
- They are not to be left unsupervised at any time. (Day rates at luxury kennels are available on request)
- They are not permitted on any beds or furniture.
A supplementary charge for pets may apply if these conditions are not met.