Terms and Conditions.
For bookings made after Jan 8th 2021.
- In all instances acceptance of our terms and conditions must be confirmed before booking can proceed.
- The booking is deemed to be complete once the terms and conditions have been accepted, deposit has been paid and confirmation by us has been given.
- To make a reservation a 25% deposit is required.
- Balance will be required 14 days before arrival.
- Guests are required to take out their own domestic holiday insurance for all other instances of cancellation including illness due to Covidand self-isolation.
Cancellation due to Covid
If we are unable to offer you a stay due to local or national lockdown or you are unable to travel due to local or national lockdown, we are happy to offer a refund up to 2 weeks before arrival.
If in the case of multiple units, we will base this on the lead address.
If national or local lockdown are put in place with less then 2 weeks before your booking date, we will offer you an alternative date up to the same date next year of comparable amount. If an alternative date holds an increased value, the difference will need to be paid by the guest.
We can also offer a voucher to the same amount.
In the case of local lockdown that affects the guests ability to travel, we may be able to re-let the property. If this is the case a full refund will be offered.
Due to low deposit and late balance payment of 14 days before arrival NO refunds will be issued past this point but an alternative date or voucher will be offered.
- Accommodation will be available from 4pm on date of arrival. Sorry but early arrival cannot be accommodated due to cleaning purposes.
- You are expected to vacate your accommodation by 10 am on the date of your departure.
- As we are a family run site, we don’t have a staffed reception area. An estimated time of arrival is required so we can light your stove, meet you and settle you in.
- After 9pm on the day of your arrival, you may be required to make your own way to your accommodation if not arranged prior to arrival.
- The accommodation is limited to the number of people on the booking form. Although associated day guests are welcome.
- No other tents other than those supplied by East Thorne are permitted to be placed on the site.
In regards to our glamping accommodation –
On the day of arrival and departure you are permitted to bring your car on site to your yurt or Roundhouse to unload and load your belongings. After which time we request that the cars stay in the secure site car park within view of your yurt, so that children may wander freely without risk.
For those staying in our cottages a separate parking area is allocated next to the cottages.
We only have a limited number of spaces for cars and each yurt has space for only one vehicle. If entertaining day visitors or have more than one car, prior arrangement for parking needs to be obtained.
- Please do not wear outdoor shoes in the yurt or on the carpeted areas in the cottages. Wellyboxes will be provided.
- You are responsible for the cleaning and contents of your accommodation while you are with us including washing up, cleaning of BBQ grill, correct disposal of waste and recycling.
- Yurts and cottages are supplied with a set amount of bedding/towels. (See descriptions) Any additional bedding/towels required will be charged at the supplementary cost.
- We do reserve the right to charge for breakage, loss and damages should they occur. We ask that you let us know if you are missing anything or of any breakage prior to vacating your accommodation.
General Camp Rules
- It is to the discretion of East ThorneYurts and Cottages to cancel or refuse prior to, or during (without refund) the stay, any booking from parties that we consider unsuitable for our site and/or our other guests.
- Respect and consideration to our neighbours and fellow site village members must be observed at all times.
- Smoking inside the yurts and cottages is strictly forbidden. Smoking bins will be provided.
- East ThorneYurts and Cottages Ltd. except no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to personal belongings or persons.
- Children are the sole responsibility of the accompanying adult.
- Children are not permitted to tend the fires of the stoves or the fire pit at any time.
- The central campfire is available to all guests on site though will not be lit in high winds and is to the discretion of the owners.
- We are a dog friendly site for friendly dogs. If your pet is anxious or aggressive, please be aware that there are other dogs and people on site too.
- We have a small number of cottages and roundhouses that accommodate dogs. These are subject to availability and can only be booked by prior arrangement.
- The only pets permitted on site are those submitted on the booking form.
- They must be kept on a leash at all times due to other guests and our free range chickens and ducks
- It is the responsibility of the owner to clear up any doggy dodo’s and we ask that the toilet run takes place off site.
- They are not to be left unsupervised at any time. (Day rates at luxury kennels are available on request)
- They are not permitted on any beds or furniture.
A supplementary charge for pets may apply against the damages deposit if these conditions are not met. Bookings and Payments
In all instances acceptance of our terms and conditions must be confirmed before booking can proceed.
The booking is deemed to be complete once the terms and conditions have been accepted, deposit has been paid and confirmation by us of the booking has been received.
To make a reservation a 25 % deposit is required 4 weeks in advance of your stay.
Full payment will be required 4 weeks before your holiday. If payment is not received within this time limit, East Thorne Yurts and Cottages Ltd. reserves the right to re-let this holiday booking.
If the booking is made less than four weeks from the start of your stay, the full amount of the holiday will be required.
Payment can be made by bank transfer, details of which will be found on the invoice
Payment can also be made online securely through the booking system.
Refundable damages deposit for Roundhouses
An additional £100 refundable damages deposit is payable with the balance for the larger Roundhouses. This covers damage and/or misuse of the property or its contents including outside areas and hot tub (inc. water quality) . The damages deposit will be refunded after departure on inspection of the property for damage/misuse (inc. cleaning) on change over. This can take 5 working days to re-appear in your account.
You will be given the opportunity at the end of your stay to join our mailing list if you have not opted to do so on booking. We will only contact you there after in regards to promotion, offers and events if you have opted in. You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.
We do not pass your data to third parties unless otherwise given permission.
We are compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). All card payments are taken on a secure server and full details are not stored.