Bookings and Payments
- In all instances acceptance of our terms and conditions must be confirmed before booking can proceed.
- The booking is deemed to be complete once the terms and conditions have been accepted, deposit has been paid and confirmation by us of the booking has been received.
- To make a reservation a 25 % deposit is required 4 weeks in advance of your stay.
- Full payment will be required 4 weeks before your holiday. If payment is not received within this time limit, East Thorne Yurts and Cottages Ltd. Reserves the right to re-let this holiday booking.
- If the booking is made less than six weeks from the start of your stay, the full amount of the holiday will be required.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer, details of which will be found on the invoice.
Cheques made payable to ‘East Thorne Yurts and Cottages Ltd’ are accepted as payment for your holiday but cannot be accepted less than 21 days from the start date of your holiday.
If paying by cheque we are happy to reserve the holiday for you for 5 days whilst awaiting the cheque deposit. However, we reserve the right to sell the holiday without further notice after this period. Payment can also be made online securely through the booking system.
Cancellations and Refunds
- We recommend that like any other holiday you take out your own holiday/cancellation insurance policy. There is also provision for insurance of the booking through our online system.
- We will endeavour to re-let the accommodation should a cancellation occur. If we are able to do so we will refund the cost of your holiday less the 25 % deposit. If we cannot do this, full payment for the holiday will be expected.
- Once the booking is deemed complete any change to date or change of accommodation will be treated as a cancellation, unless otherwise agreed by East Thorne Yurts and Cottages Ltd. It is to the discretion of East Thorne Yurt and Cottages Ltd. to offer an alternative date. If granted, the re-arranged date will be to the cost of the original holiday or greater if the price is more for that date. The alternative date will be in the low season and will exclude high season/school holidays.
- In the unlikely event of the accommodation not being available due to fire, flood or other unforeseen circumstances, East Thorne Yurts and Cottages Ltd. will refund the full cost of the holiday, but cannot accept liability or responsibility in this event.
- We cannot accept any liability or responsibility for delays, alterations or cancellations to the booking or related East Thorne Experiences outside our control.
- Accommodation will be available from 4pm on date of arrival. Sorry but early arrival cannot be accommodated due to cleaning purposes.
- You are expected to vacate your accommodation by 10 am on the date of your departure.
- As we are a family run site, we don’t have a staffed reception area. An estimated time of arrival is required so we can light your stove, meet you and settle you in.
- After 11pm on the day of your arrival, you may be required to make your own way to your accommodation if not arranged prior to arrival.
- The accommodation is limited to the number of people on the booking form. Although associated day guests are welcome.
- No other tents other than those supplied by East Thorne are permitted to be placed on the site.
In regards to the yurt accommodation –
On the day of arrival and departure you are permitted to bring your car on site to your yurt to unload and load your belongings. After which time we request that the cars stay in the secure site car park within view of your yurt, so that children may wander freely without risk.
For those staying in our cottages a separate parking area is allocated next to the cottages.
We only have a limited number of spaces for cars and each yurt has space for only one vehicle. If entertaining day visitors or have more than one car, prior arrangement for parking needs to be obtained.
- Please do not wear outdoor shoes in the yurt or on the carpeted areas in the cottages. Welly boxes will be provided.
- You are responsible for the cleaning and contents of your accommodation while you are with us including washing up, cleaning of BBQ grill, correct disposal of waste and recycling.
- Yurts and cottages are supplied with a set amount of bedding/towels. (See descriptions) Any additional bedding/towels required will be charged at the supplementary cost.
- We do reserve the right to charge for breakages loss and damages should they occur. We ask that you let us know if you are missing anything or of any breakages prior to vacating your accommodation.
General Camp Rules
- It is to the discretion of East Thorne Yurts and Cottages to cancel or refuse prior to, or during the stay, any booking from parties that we consider unsuitable for our site and/or our other guests without refund.
- Respect and consideration to our neighbors and fellow site village members must be observed at all times.
- Smoking inside the yurts and cottages is strictly forbidden. Smoking bins will be provided.
East Thorne Yurts and Cottages Ltd. except no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to personal belongings or persons.
- Children are the sole responsibility of the accompanying adult.
- Children are not permitted to tend the fires of the stoves or the fire pit at any time.
- The central campfire is available to all guests on site though will not be lit in high winds and is to the discretion of the owners.
- We are a dog friendly site for friendly dogs. If your pet is anxious or aggressive, please be aware that there are other dogs and people on site too.
- We have a small number of cottages and yurts that accomadate dogs.
- The yurts that we accept dogs in are in the small paddock area, which is on the Eastern boundary of our site. A ‘B’ road runs alongside part of our boundary on this side of our site. Please be aware, this is where our doggy dedicated yurts are situated. The road is very quiet at night but can get busier through the day if there is a movement of agricultural traffic.
- The only pets permitted on site are those submitted on the booking form.
- They must be kept on a leash at all times due to other guests and our free range chickens
- It is the responsibility of the owner to clear up any doggy dodo’s and we ask that the toilet run takes place off site.
- They are not to be left unsupervised at any time. (Day rates at luxury kennels are available on request)
- They are not permitted on any beds or furniture.
- A supplementary charge for pets may apply.
You will be given the opportunity at the end of your stay to join our mailing list. We will only contact you there after in regards to promotion, offers and events if you have opted in. You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.
We do not pass your data to third parties unless otherwise given permission.
We are compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). All card payments are taken on a secure server and full details are not stored.